Saturday, October 2, 2010

FRIENDS OF QUESLETT NATURE RESERVE AGM

I was delighted to be reelected Chair of the Friends of the Queslett Nature Reserve at their AGM today.
There were some new faces elected onto the committee and I am sure they will do a great job.I would also like to say a big thank you for the effort put in by those committee members who have been replaced.
The Queslett Nature Reserve is an old quarry site which was filled with rubbish and then landscaped. For many years until I and a number of like minded residents got together to form the Friends of the Queslett Nature Reserve, the reserve was neglected by the Council.
Bit by bit the FQNR are getting this reserve into shape and it has started to become a wild life haven. The Friends of the Queslett Nature Reserve also help look after the Aldridge Road Recreation GroundIf you would like more details about the FOQNR please ring me on 360 6486

Councillor Keith Linnecor
Chair FQNR

No comments: