1. Attend Friends of Queslett nature Reserve activity sessions at the reserve (on average 6 per year?) At these sessions we carry out light pruning work, litter picking, occasional training sessions with Rangers.
2. Become the “Eyes and ears of the reserve-If you see a problem report it. If you see anti-social behaviour inform the Police (do not put yourself in any risk). The Police and Ranger Service cannot be everywhere and need people on the ground to let them know of any issues.
3. Take a walk with a bag and collect discarded litter. (Recycling banks are on the ASDA Complex for plastic bottles and so on.)
4. Ensure the wild life in the reserve is not disturbed.
5. If you are a dog walker ensure your dog’s mess is got up. Bag it and bin it. Take it home or use the litter bin at the Ashworth Road entrance.
6. Do not leave any litter behind when you use the reserve.
7. Do not enter the lake it is untreated and has under water obstructions it. Never go out on the lake if there is ice on it...
8. If you are young, stick with friends when you go in the reserve and let your parents know you are there.
9. Do not be tempted to plant anything in the reserve without asking to first.
10. Never use a motor bike or quad bike in the reserve.
11. Never start an open fire or use Barbecue on the reserve as this could lead to sparks starting off grass and shrub fires. These can be dangerous.
12. JOIN THE FOQNR We work to improve the Queslett Nature Reserve for the wild life and those who use the reserve. We also take an interest in the Aldridge Recreation ground and in the local environment generally.